Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Books, books, and more books

So with Vacation and some time to myself I find time to read there has been much time to read, sleep and relax with a good book.  Of course I am sure there are better things out there for me to do but I love to read so here is a list of what I have read lately! 

"If I stay" a short book that will keep you wanting more.  When a girl and her family is involved in a massive car accident, she must decide if she is going to stay....  This book kept me up and reading into the wee hours of the night.  I had to know what was going to happen, it pulled at my heart strings it made me think what I would choose if I had a choice.

Tiger's Quest a 2nd book in a series of books that have kept me on the edge of loving tigers for real.  I always an adventure with a little bit of romance that makes me come back for more and more.  I just wish she could write faster so that I can read the rest of the story.  Kelsey is back home in Oregon and back in school trying hard to forget her Tiger Ren and how much she loved him, but she left him and now she must find happiness and possibly love again, but how can she forget her Ren?  November can't come fast enough. 

Everlasting the final book in The Immortals series was finally closure to a series that started out strong faltered and picked back up.

The 39 Clues book 11.  Life seems like it will be back to normal for Amy and Dan but little do they know they are fighting an enemy from the beginning of their story.  Life will continue to get better and better. 

The Throne of Fire.  A new series from Rick Riordan (The Percy Jackson and the Olympians books).  This is the second book in the Kane Chronicles that are all about Egyptian mythology.  I have learned more about Egypt and the pharaohs and their beliefs then I could have imagined.  A wonderful second book that has been me reading and wondering what will happen next.  A great series to start reading!

Theodore Boone Kid Lawyer The Abduction.  For any of you that enjoy John Grisham's work but can't get through a 700 law book.  These books are for you Theo Boone's is a kid lawyer who helps out his friends and love the law.  Since both his parents are lawyers he is handling schoolyard stuff and loving it.  That is until his friend Amy is abducted and life is turned upside down.  He has to do anything he can to find her and get her back safely.  John Grisham writes delightful kids books that make me want to read more.  I read his first book in the series last year and loved it.  I wasn't aware he was writing another one but this is wonderful and the characters are vibrant and lovely. 

These are just a few things that I have been reading lately.  Have you read something wonderful and profound?  Let me know leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment