Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 Days of Thanks #17

Today I am thankful for dirt.  The brown stuff that makes my plants grow!  My garden this year was hugely successful because of the dirt.  Every year for the past 6-7 yrs in the fall time, I try to till in leaves and grass to keep thing going and up to date with "organic fertilizer" the leaves and the grass.  That was my objective today and I accomplished it.  It did take all day though so that was a bummer.  It was totally against everything my Dr has been telling me to do.  And right now after sitting the the bath tub for about an hour, I know that I will pay dearly for going against what he said.  Sitting here I can feel my joints start to stiffen up, but I got it done and now it can snow and freeze and do what ever it wants because it is done!  Too bad that I have to work tomorrow, we will see how that goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Naughty, Naughty! But I would have done the same thing....when things have to get done, what do you do!

    I did have to laugh when I read the first line, "I am thankful for dirt." You do have to admit, that was a funny opening line.

    ReplyDelete