Saturday, May 1, 2010

Book Update

In the last month or so, I have read some great books.

The first is the book we are reading for my YW's book club called "Behind My Bedroom Wall". About a girl in Nazi Germany who is active in the Nazi youth group and comes to find out that her parents are hiding Jews behind her bedroom wall.

I also read a book called "Scones and Sensibility" about a teenager who is obsessed with Jane Austen and is trying to set-up every "single" person in her life. It was delightful and really something I would recommend.

I then started reading "The 39 Clues" book series. These are a great story and to anyone who likes history and a good mystery, this is one that I would really recommend. The books were quick reads for me. They are all written by different children's authors, and a new book comes out about every 2-3 months. Right now there are 8 books out, and I can't wait for the next installment that comes out at the end of a month.

I picked up a book called "I, Coriander" at a book fair a couple of months ago, it is about a girl that is growing up in 1673 London about her life. It has a magical twist and when I finished, I really wanted another couple hundred pages, so I hope that maybe another book is yet to come.

Well now you know what I have been reading, give me some suggestions of other great books to read!

1 comment:

  1. I was reading so much there for awhile, but alas, I have not read very much during the last few weeks.

    I am so glad you are a reader.

    ReplyDelete