Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Korean War Memorial

I love this saying, it really hits home for where we are today in our world. Our Freedom comes at a price that someone is paying. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. Never forget this

This was a huge wall that had been engraved with a variety of pictures from the war, they were very touching and telling of what went on.

The official marker.

This field is full of men in full dress like they would have been during the conflict. This brought it all home for me. I never realized the sacrifice that was made in our behalf. My grandpa served in the Korean War and has never talked about it. I would really like to take some time with him and get the story. I have vowed to find out more about this. I never realized that there are over 8,000 US soldiers still missing from this war!


No comments:

Post a Comment