Thursday, March 4, 2010

Book Recommendations

So, my friend Laurel kept telling me about a book, that I had to read "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". I started it yesterday at lunch and by last night, late last night I was finished! What a wonderful read. The author is Mitch Albom and I recently bought his newest book "Have a Little Faith". I am now looking forward to reading that book too!

For those of a little later generation, I loved "A Long Way From Chicago" and " A Year Down Yonder" by Richard Peck. It is set in the depression and in the mist of WWII about kids visiting their grandma on her farm during the summer. What a wonderful uplifting read, I would recommend to anyone! They move quickly and are quite short so you don't need "time" to get it read, a few minutes here, a few minutes there!

I will try to keep you more up to date with what I am reading, I forget that people, other then myself like to read! Also look for more updates on what I have been baking and doing in Young Women's!

No comments:

Post a Comment